[mythtv-users] Unable to set ALSA parameters

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 10:12:39 EDT 2005

On 26/07/05, Sage <sage at gypsycaravan.com> wrote:
> I have tried that as well, and I'm still having the same problem.
> Any other suggestions?

Not really - I had a fair amount of trouble with ALSA, but once I got
aplay working then mythtv was a breeze, apart from a bit of
unscientific fiddling with the mixer to work out which sliders to
enable.

If I was in your situation I'd be looking at permissions on the
devices (are you runing aplay as the same user as mythfrontend?), but
I'd only be guessing.

Maybe someone else can help you..

Good Luck