[mythtv-users] Unable to set ALSA parameters

Sage sage at gypsycaravan.com
Tue Jul 26 10:32:46 EDT 2005

Thanks, David.  I do appreciate the effort.

I don't think it's a permissions problem.  I've set up a mythtv user
specifically for the purpose of running myth, and that user is in both
the audio and video groups.  I've run aplay as that user with the
following command:

aplay -D default <soundfile>

...and it works fine.  I will also note that if I uninstall ALSA and use
the OSS drivers, and use /dev/dsp as my audio output device, then audio
playback works great.  I would love to use OSS and scrap ALSA entirely,
but I'm also using Xine to play DVDs and it doesn't sync audio correctly
with OSS, so it needs ALSA.

Thanks again for trying, David.  Anyone else have any suggestions?