[mythtv-users] mplayer still not in focus

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Tue Jul 26 20:17:34 EDT 2005

And if that doesn't work for you, try consuming Ratpoison and just get
it over with.

Mike Green wrote:

>Ratpoison SET ME FREE :)
>
>For those who really don't see the need to run a window manager, but have
>the mplayer focus issue, give ratpoison a try.  I tried almost every window
>manager and could not get any of them tweaked just right.
>
>After installing ratpoison I just added /usr/bin/ratpoison & to my .xinitrc
>and now it all works flawlessly :)  No config files, no tweaking, it
>menubars, titles, or borders.  Best of all, using mplayer to watch external
>videos works without much hassle.
>
>Thanks guys, I appreciate the pointer.
>
>Signed,
>
>One happy camper mythtv owner.

Thank you for your time,
--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

*Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet
products. Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer &
Outlook/Outlook Express.*
Get Firefox! <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=85> Get
Thunderbird! <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=179>