[mythtv-users] Backend hang after ivtv error

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Tue Jul 26 21:20:23 EDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 08:44:10PM -0400, Petersen Curt wrote:
> Has anyone had any problems with:
> 1) ivtv giving a DMA error in the log, and then
> 2) mythbackend fails to record using that tuner until restarted, and
> 3) frontends/web stop responding and repeatedly logs "waiting for
> thread" forever.

I had something very similar to that happen.  In my case, the ide
interface to /dev/hde would also fail and my raid would fall back into
degraded mode.  It turned out that my motherboard uses the same PCI
interrupt for two of the slots.  Moving the cards around solved the
problem.

The other thing that sometimes happened (but hasn't recently, and may be
related) is that when I selected the menu entry for live TV Myth would
tell me the tuner was busy recording, but the status page said it was
idle and the recording page showed no recording in progress.  I'm
guessing this was because ivtv was failing but Myth didn't know why.