[mythtv-users] Unable to set ALSA parameters

Sage sage at gypsycaravan.com
Tue Jul 26 21:36:18 EDT 2005

I do have a basic .asoundrc file set up.  The contents were in my
wouldn't work for me...  I'm not trying to do any sort of digital
output or AC-3 passthrough or anything, just straight up analog out.
Nonetheless, I tried the solutions put forth in that
DigitalSoundHowTo with no luck.

However, after some fiddling I have noticed that this error does not
occur if I don't try to play back through the PVR-350.  As soon as I
start playing through the decoder, ALSA complains.

Also, if use the PVR-350 audio output only, then I get no sound,
despite looping the audio directly into the sound card.