[mythtv-users] Backend hang after ivtv error

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Tue Jul 26 22:10:52 EDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 09:40:17PM -0400, Petersen Curt wrote:
> Thanks Chris!  I'll give that a shot....just have to try and figure
> out which slot to try first.  I wish motherboards would come with IRQ
> labels, or it would be in the manual, or maybe just come with
> schematics :)

Actually, the information was in the BIOS setup screen.  There is
usually a page where you can manually force a PCI slot to a particular
IRQ, and on mine they were labelled PCI 1/5, PCI 2/6, PCI 3 and PCI 4,
so I shuffled things around until I was only using 1, 3, 4 and 6.  Many
motherboards also link the IRQ for the last PCI slot to the AGP slot
(some mobo booklets suggest leaving the last PCI slot empty if you
install an AGP card), and the on-board USB and LAN hardware also
sometimes piggyback on the PCI/AGP IRQs.  You'd think they would just
run a few more wires....