[mythtv-users] Matching up tv_grab_uk_rt to DVB-T channels

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 05:00:26 EDT 2005

John Winters wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I've set up a MythTV backend to use with MiniMyth as a front end.  The
>back end has a single DVB-T card and I'm operating in the UK.
>
>All seems to work pretty well, but I'm not sure how to get the listings
>from the Radio Times website to be matched up against the DVB-T
>channels.  I've gone through the documented setup process (twice in fact
>- I did it again from scratch in case I'd missed something) but I seem
>to end up with two independent sets of channels in my MySQL database -
>one set produced from scanning on the DVB-T card and one from the list
>provided by the Radio Times.  For example, in my Program Guide (and on
>the mythweb page, which is where I've directly grabbed it from) I have:
>

>		08:15		08:30
>2		No data
>BBC TWO
>
>2		Bring it on	Jackie Chan
>1040
>
>3		No data
>ITV1
>
>3
>1043		GMTV Today
>

>In each case, the first channel of the pair seems to have been inserted
>into the database by the DVB-T scan as part of the MythTV setup and the
>second has been produced by mythfilldatabase from the output of
>tv_grab_uk_rt.  What do I modify to get the system to realise that the
>listings match the DVB-T channels?
>
>TIA,
>John

I've just had this problem myself, and I solved by doing this:

Clear all your channel data, and use the xmltv file from here:

http://brej.org/dvb/index.html

Then edit bbc one, two and itv to your region. Dont run mythfilldatabase
just yet.

Then run the scan in mythtvsetup. Finally insert the sql from the same
site, after editing the same channels again.

Finally run mythfilldatabase.

I'm pretty sure that was the sequence I followed to get it to work, but
I did try a lot of things. Note that the site I gave has channel icons
too, and the sql file adds all the info to use them. You just need to
extract them

Hope this helps

Dunc