[mythtv-users] Nova-T PCI Remote Receiver - Key Repeat Rate too fast

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 08:26:16 EDT 2005

I got my universal remote working with my Hauppauge Nova-T PCI ir
receiver by editing cx88-input.c to set the key mappings.

However the remote is not really useable because the key repeat rate
is too high.  That is pressing a key once may produce several
'keystrokes', which makes navigating the menus very tricky.

I don't think it's anything to do with the remote itself because I can
use the same remote(same configuration) on my other frontend (PVR 350)
with no trouble.

I've looked in ir-common.c, cx88-dvb.c and cx88-input.c for code
related to repeat rate.  There are delay settings in ir-common.c
(350ms I think) but increasing these had no effect for me and I can't
find anything else.

Does anyone know where I should be looking to slow down, or remove the
automatic key repeat for this remote receiver?

Thanks in advance.