[mythtv-users] Mfd/mfe fc3 attempted compile

Timothy McFadden tim at timandjamie.com
Wed Jul 27 10:18:34 EDT 2005

>Any ideas on what the error messages indicate?  Should I try to build the
required items from source from the web site listed in the readme doc?

>httpoutresponse.h:20:22: FLAC/all.h: No such file or directory In file
included from mfd_plugin.cpp:19:
>httpoutresponse.h:60: error: `FLAC__StreamDecoderWriteStatus' does not name
a type
>httpoutresponse.h:61: error: expected `,' or `...' before '*' token
>httpoutresponse.h:61: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of
`FLAC__StreamMetadata' with no type
>httpoutresponse.h:62: error: `FLAC__StreamDecoderErrorStatus' has not been
declared
>httpoutresponse.h:62: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `status' with
no type
>make[1]: *** [mfd_plugin.o] Error 1
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mythtv/myth-cvs/mfd/mfdlib'
>make: *** [sub-mfdlib] Error 2

Looks like you either don't have the FLAC source, or the make file you are
trying to use is looking for it in the wronge place (or it's not in your
path ).

Have you downloaded the FLAC source code?

Looks like 'FLAC/all.h' includes all of the other headers needed for FLAC.
Without these includes, no types are being defined ( which leads to the
error on line 60 which leads to the rest ).

-Tim