[mythtv-users] HDD Temp

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 16:20:03 EDT 2005

On 7/27/05, Richard Bronosky <mythtv at bronosky.com> wrote:
>  I'm a big fan of heat sinks vs. fans.  I use fans and cut holes to make air
> flow in the case.  To cool components I like to get stock aluminum and
> scroll saw it in to dozens of pieces, bonding then together with thermal
> adhesive.  Fill up every free inch of your case with this aluminum and get
> some air flowing.  Things will get cool, but your case will weight a lot.
> Better than being noisy!

Richard,
have you checked the temp of your hdd's or cpu before and after adding
your monster heat sinks?  i'm curious as to how it compares.  i can
see it being rather effective if it's setup properly and is able to
get good airflow through/over the heat sinks.  but i would think that
it would be rather difficult with standard cases.
just curious.
andy