[mythtv-users] Connecting videogame console to frontend

Edward Rosinzonsky ed at entetel.com
Wed Jul 27 20:28:19 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a small dilemma.  I have a dedicated master backend with a PVR-500
and PVR-250 in the garage, and a front-end only machine in the living room,
connected to the TV via S-Video.  I also have an xbox video game console.
Since my TV has only one S-Vidio input (and I don't want to use a switch), I
would like connect the console to the myth front-end, and switch back and
forth via mythtv.  Could I accomplish this by adding a capture device with
an S-Video input to the front-end?  Would I have to configure it as a slave
back-end?  I don't at any point intend to record from this device, and I
don't want it to be buffered either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.