[mythtv-users] Nova-T PCI Remote Receiver - Key Repeat Rate too fast

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 07:30:06 EDT 2005

On 27/07/05, Matthew K. Lee <fratlee at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone know where I should be looking to slow down, or remove the
> > automatic key repeat for this remote receiver?
>
> Can you adjust the repeat amount in your .lircrc file?  For example:
>
> begin
> remote = grayHauppauge
> button = Power
> prog   = xine
> repeat = 3
> config = Quit
> end

Thanks for the reply Matthew,

Actually I'm not using lirc.  The cx88-dvb driver just sticks
remote-control keypresses into the regular keyboard buffer, using the
/dev/input/event2 device.  However your reply got me thinking and
researching, and it looks like I can run lirc on the back of the
event2 device.  Not sure if it will allow me to control the repeat
rate, but it may.  I'll give it a try tonight.

Is anyone else using lirc like this?