[mythtv-users] Re: Kernel src, ati_remote, 2.6.12 kernel

Ben Curtis mythtv at nosolutions.com
Thu Jul 28 13:57:38 EDT 2005

>  Did the ati video driver work with your 2.6.12 kenerl?
> It doesn't work on my system!!

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure :)  It didn't seem to work at first.  But
then I attempted to compile AVview, and it started working after that.
However, I never installed avview, and it works at boot time from the
kernel, so I think I was just being stupid and doing something like
in modprobe.conf, ati_remote won't work.

> This is probably seen as thread hijacking, I do apologize, but I got my
ati
> installed with the big (+/- 30 MB) binary package on their website. The
rpm
> they had for xorg did not work though.

What website?

Thanks,