[mythtv-users] Archiving Shows to DVD

Dave Ansell dave at theansells.com
Thu Jul 28 14:16:31 EDT 2005

Hi,
      My Myth box seems to have achieved a high Child Acceptance Factor (WAF
not quite so good!) but unfortunately my disk is now filling up rapidly with
cartoon shows which need to be watched repeatedly and never deleted!

      Is there a straightforward way to transfer shows to DVD in a sensible
format for viewing on DVD players, etc.    My recordings are from DVB-T in
TS format.  I have tried transcode, but it fails to run with the out-of-the
box Myth settings (Myth 0.18.1 atrpms)

   Any pointers much appreciated.   And by the way I am a complete newbie
when it comes to DVD authoring.!

cheers,
Dave