[mythtv-users] Archiving Shows to DVD

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Thu Jul 28 15:28:08 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 07:16:31PM +0100, Dave Ansell wrote:
>      Is there a straightforward way to transfer shows to DVD in a sensible
> format for viewing on DVD players, etc.    My recordings are from DVB-T in
> TS format.  I have tried transcode, but it fails to run with the out-of-the
> box Myth settings (Myth 0.18.1 atrpms)

Most modern DVD players will accept DVDs that do not have the
traditional VIDEO_TS directory, and will either present an on-screen
file browser or search the disk and build a sequential play-list
containing all of the recognized media files (mpg, avi, mp3, etc.).  I
use nuvexport to convert shows to VCD (mpg) format and then burn them
to DVD-R or DVD-RW so I can take them with me.  In this format, a
single DVD disk holds about 6 or 7 hours of video.