[mythtv-users] Wishlist: Search for movies on a subset of all channels?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Jul 28 19:59:52 EDT 2005

On 28-Jul-05, at 7:21 PM, Mark J. Small wrote:

> I would like to be able to search for movies only on selected
> channels. That
> way I wouldn't have to look through the edited garbage to find the
> gems.

Under Manage Recordings -> Schedule Recordings -> Custom Record there's
an open ended search which allows you to search on program type ( =
'movie') and a group of channels. You can loop through the example
clauses to get an idea of what's possible. That's on the regular
frontend. I get the impression that you can save canned searches in
mythweb but I haven't looked into it yet.

- George