[mythtv-users] hdtv from a cable box

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Thu Jul 28 20:28:31 EDT 2005

It's off topic but if you want there are a heap of links about cablecard
and cablelabs in a white paper I wrote for a project I was looking to
start a while back (I decided to can the project after meeting with
cablelabs - they are a pain in the butt self serving user group who are
only interested in looking after their own).

Basically cablelabs is trying to convince the fcc to cancel the
cablecard mandate (due July next year - was due last year) and replace
it with software based solution that every tv manufacturer will need to
change their ic's to meet (in other words they are stalling the fcc with
a 'oasis of the future'.

www.cognation.net/cablecard3/CableCard3%20Business%20Plan.pdf

shame that technology is just going to pass the archaic cable networks
by and they wont even know what opportunity they missed.

Cheers,
Dean

There's