[mythtv-users] xine and mythtv

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 01:47:57 EDT 2005

Are you using the new Xv driver for ivtv?

If not, then the problem is that the CPU is doing all
of the decoding and scaling, and thus, frame drops are
expected.  Xv, which is common on most video cards,
and in experimental state for the PVR-350 offloads the
scaling to the video card, which reduces CPU load, and
helps prevent the dropped frames.

(Note: I used to use a PVR-350 for video output, but
now use a GeForce 5200FX.  Once the Xv driver for ivtv
matures a bit, I might give it a shot).

-- Joe