[mythtv-users] Compiling with GCC4

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sat Jul 30 05:41:15 EDT 2005

I've just upgraded one of my frontend/backend machines to the beta version of
Mandriva 2006. Perhaps stupidly I didn't notice that it is based around GCC4.
I'm now having trouble compiling MythTV.

At first I thought my problem was just with the very SVN version of Myth. So I
reverted to one dating from about midday on 20 July, when I last successfully
compiled on this machine using GCC3.4. It still fails to compile though.

Is anyone successfully compiling recent revisions of MythTV with GCC4?
What about GCC4 on an X86_64 machine?
Are GCC4 compile problems considered bugs with MythTV or  with GCC4?

P.S. I'm not looking to downgrade - That would mean recompiling the kernel and
a dozen other apps - it isn't worthwhile.
--
Stuart Morgan