[mythtv-users] XvMC output not working

David ellis david at ellisonline.ca
Sat Jul 30 20:46:27 EDT 2005

Its funny, I've spent most of the day trying to get this to work
properly, succeeded (briefly) - only to find intermittent failures.

Hardware:
AMD64 3200, with 1GB of RAM
NVidia 5200
HD3000 using DVB drivers

Software:
MythTV 18.1
Nvidia .7667
Gentoo Linux with gentoo-sources 2.6.12-r4

I can get acceptable HD playback with real time threads - but real
time threads crashes the program guide if I try and change a channel.
XVMC will work (sometimes) - but it is really random.

Nvidia has a open bug for this (it is a driver bug) - but .7667 was
supposed to be the fix.

Anyone who has this working - What Video card are you using? (maybe I
could just upgrade/downgrade the video).

David
On 30-Jul-05, at 7:50 PM, Michael Haan wrote:

> On 7/30/05, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Well, I tried the 7667 drivers, and I tried running the frontend as
>>> root, but I'm still getting the errors.
>>> Seems strange that running as root works for you but not me,
>>> maybe I'm
>>> missing something?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Dave