[mythtv-users] MythDora Won't Boot

Timothy McFadden tim at timandjamie.com
Sun Jul 31 12:27:04 EDT 2005

Well, I don't know anything about MythDora but I had a similar problem with
FC3.

It was a conflict between the graphical boot loader ( Fedora uses 'rhgb' )
and my xorg.conf file.

Here's how I fixed it:
	1) Boot into a "rescue" distribution ( you can find them lots of
places )
	2) mount your old file system ( dependant on rescue distro )
	3) Either:
		a) Fix your xorg.conf file and reboot
		or
		b) Remove the graphical boot loader option from the kernel
line (e.g. in Grub boot loader).  This might allow you to boot into a
command line where you can find/fix your problems.  After fixing you can
change Grub back and reboot.

This might also have nothing to do with your problem, but it might give you
a place to start.

-Tim