[mythtv-users] PVR-500 driving me nuts

Greg Baker ggbaker at sfu.ca
Sun Jul 31 14:42:12 EDT 2005

I had the same problem as the original poster: PVR-500, all dark static,
no sound.  The solution seems to be loading the ivtv module with the
tda9887=0,0 parameter.

I (temporarily) solved it by removing all of the IVTV-related modules:
  rmmod bttv wm8775 cx25840 tuner tveeprom ivtv  videodev video_buf v4l2_common
...and then loading with the right parameter:
  modprobe ivtv tda9887=0,0

It should be possible to make that permanent by adding this line
to /etc/modules.conf:
  options ivtv tda9887=0,0
...but it didn't work for me.  I'm probably missing something about the
way modules are loaded.

--
Greg Baker, Lecturer
School of Computing Science