[mythtv-users] MythDora Won't Boot

Dennis Hand 4hands at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 31 19:43:21 EDT 2005

 >This is a long shot, but I'm hoping someone can help me with this one...

>I've just installed MythDora (1.3.1) and was very impressed with the ease
>and speed at which I managed to install it. The initial install went
>fine, then it came up after the reboot and asked about my display - again,
>I was impressed it had my display listed. It then restarted again and
>gets as far as 'Configuring kernel parameters:' and will remain blank
>forever more.

>I'm hoping someone's going to tell me I'm being stupid and have been
>spoiled by Fisher Price - My First Linux distros like SuSE and that all I
>have to do is type 'go'... I think I'm being a little naive, though.

>Yours hopefully,

>flim

I'm glad you found the install relatively easy. You don't mention what video
card your using. If you happen to be using any of the various video card
drivers,
did you leave all the boxes checked when you chose a card in setup? If not,
especially using an Nvidia card, this would have left out a needed package.
And like some had just said, it may very well be a problem with rhgb even
though I have never experienced this. Version 1.4 will be out soon and rhgb
will be removed from bootup in this version.

Dennis