[mythtv-users] Control volume within MythTV?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 20:02:11 EDT 2005

Hi,
   mythfrontend works fine on all my standard hardware machines.
(laptop, backend server & 2 Pundit-R machines.) However on my studio
machine, where I have an HDSP 9652 26-in/26-out all digital sound card
that has an internal hardware mixer I only get full volume from
mythfrontend no matter how I adjust the volume within the program.

   Is there a way to have mythfrontend itself handle the volume of the
audio stream internally so taht it doesn't depend on external Alsa
mixers? The HDSP 9652 does not use alsamixer and does not support
whatever API is used for that stuff.

   Further, if possible, I'd like to be able to tell mythfrontend to
connect to specific alsa_pcm ports. Can this be done?

Thanks,
Mark