[mythtv-users] Static on PVR-150 running FC3

Rob Bongiovi rbongiovi at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 01:25:28 UTC 2005

I'm a novice, so may not be 100% correct, but to get
my PVR-500MCE working after having similar symptoms as
you do (which is supposedly 2 PVR-150's on one card),
I did the following:

First, my modprobe.conf has the following two sets of
lines:
>From Jarod's guide:

# ivtv (PVR-500MCE)
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
options cx25840 no_black_magic=1

>From this thread:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/20096?search_string=pvr-500;#20096

alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv
alias tuner tuner-ivtv

Second, I couldn't use the script that Jarod describes
for loading mythbackend. Instead, I load it using the
~/.kde/Autostart/myth-load.sh file by inserting

mythbackend &

before I load mythfrontend.

Hope this helps.

Rob