[mythtv-users] [Solved] Key modifiers in lircrc

Michael Carland mcarland at bitsgonewild.net
Wed Jun 1 05:07:41 UTC 2005

On May 26, 2005, at 2:21 PM, Michael Carland wrote:

> I have used mythweb to add a jump point to mythweather of Ctrl+W.
> Hitting Ctrl-W on the keyboard works, so I am that far.
>
> However, I am unable to get it to work from the remote. lirc
> documentation says to send a control key with a backslash and capital
> letter, which doesn't work. I have tried all of the following in my
> lircrc:
> \W
> Ctrl W
> Control W
> Ctrl-W
> Control-W
> Ctrl+W
> Control+W
>
> Some of these caused a message similar to:
> LircClient warning: attempt to convert '' to a key sequence failed.
> Fix your key mappings.
>
> to be printed, with the lirc config value in the quotes. Some of the
> keys silently failed.

It turns out that the state of the control key was being lost as the
event was passed around in myth. I posted a patch to the dev list that
retains the status of any modifiers specified on the config line. When
using native LIRC in myth, the patch lets you use a config line like
"Ctrl+W" to pass a control W.

-Michael