[mythtv-users] DVB board advice

Joe Orton joe at manyfish.co.uk
Wed Jun 1 07:53:43 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 04:48:06PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 11:33:46PM +0100, Kevin Barsby wrote:
> > Thanks for all the feedback, a couple of potential candidates. Someone
> > must have used an avermedia card though?
>
> I had a 761 and it has its problems. It's back in the box, replaced
> by a KWorld Xpert card. The 771 has a better tuner but the same BT878
> problems.

I have a 761 and have just ebay'ed a different card since I'm not happy
with it.  I get very high signal noise - the two MUXes which use the
lower error correction rates (the ones with C4/ITV/etc) are really
unviewable.  The Freeview STB works fine so I'm guessing (hoping ;) this
is just a problem with the card.

Otherwise I haven't had any problems with the card - it's supported
out-of-the-box by the FC3 kernel, as is the IR interface, though the
remote is pretty basic.

joe