[mythtv-users] XvMC output not working

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 13:00:57 UTC 2005

Michael Haan wrote:

>On 5/31/05, Mario Limonciello <mario.mailing at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I would say strace should work, just look and see which library was
>>accessed.  Make sure you enable XvMC in mythfrontend, and then launch
>>like this:
>>
>>strace mythtv

>>>So, I think that's similar to my setup.  How do I confirm which
>>>library is being loaded for XvMC at runtime?
>>>

>strace seems to be indicating its using /usr/lib/libXvMC.so.1, not any
>of the nvidia drivers (although, it looks like its using nvidia's open
>gl).  How do I change that so it uses nvidia'a xvmc?

Well i'm not sure that I can further help here.  Strace for me doesn't
show me which libraries are loaded when my XvMC actually works. (at
least not while I'm scrolling back 2000 lines in strace that i can
see).  If that file is indeed a wrapper like I'm thinking, just put in
libXvMCNVIDIA.so
into /etc/X11/XvMCConfig, and you will know for a fact that the right
library is getting loaded.  Usually to get my XvMC to work, I have to
just restart mythfrontend's playback of a recording 8 or 9 times, and
then it seems to start to work XvMC wise for a couple of recordings
before needing to repeat.