[mythtv-users] XVMC and PVR-250 recordings

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Wed Jun 1 14:25:08 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 08:47:49AM -0400, Mario Limonciello wrote:
> I have been tracing through a thread I started on nvnews.net  about this
> problem.   So far we are at a conclusion it is something related to when
> running an amd64 setup compiled for 64 bit mode.  As soon as  I have
> some time, I'm going to enable xvmc debugging to see if I can find any
> solutions or at least the software that actually has the bug.  Search
> the nvnews.net linux forum for my post about xvmc.  It had responses
> yesterday so should be up near the top of the list.

Thank you for the information.  I will take a look.  In my particular
case, while the CPU is an Athlon64, I have a pure 32-bit kernel and
userland running on it.  It also seems that certain programs work fine,
but once a bad one hits, *every* program causes the problem -- even HDTV
ones.  So this may perhaps be a different bug.

-- John