[mythtv-users] How do I removed existing mysql database and start over?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 16:01:43 UTC 2005

Bruce,
   Thanks for your comments.

On 5/31/05, Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> wrote:
> First of all, this is myTHTV.org, If you want authoratative
> info for mysql, you would be best served by mySQL.org...

As it turns out yes, but since I wanted to fix MythTV I hope you'll
forgive my coming here.

> Mark Knecht wrote:
> > mysql> SELECT Host,User,Password FROM user;
> > +-------------+--------+------------------+
> > | Host        | User   | Password         |
> > +-------------+--------+------------------+
> > | localhost   | root   | 4849c7517ff2d641 |
> > | gandalf     | root   |                  |
> > | localhost   |        |                  |
> > | gandalf     |        |                  |
> > | localhost   | mythtv | 0476fc026afffe24 |
> > | 192.168.1.% | mythtv | 0476fc026afffe24 |
> > +-------------+--------+------------------+
>
> Do you see " | gandalf     | mythtv | 0476fc026afffe24 |"?
>
> Most likely you've been assuming that the IP wildcard will match
> for the IP of the local connection but it does not. Notice that
> "root" and "" both have entries for "gandalf" and "localhost".

OK, clearly this is why the frontend wasn't connecting. What I'm not
understanding out of this whole ordeal is why, when the frontend was
configured to connect to 192.168.1.2, which is within the IP wildcard
match, did mythtv convert this to gandalf and make life hard on
itself? (and me!) ;-) The only place Gandalf is mentioned, AFAIK, is
in /etc/hosts. It's not in Myth's configuration anywhere.

So the last item then would be how to delete an entry from the table.
There's certainly a command for doing that so I'll find it, get  stuff
cleaned up, and be left with this one little mystery about why it
insisted on using a name instead of an IP.

Thanks,
Mark