[mythtv-users] New MCE 2005 Remote

Cenk Ozkan cenk at empyre.org
Wed Jun 1 16:19:31 UTC 2005

Not another list :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Nigel Metheringham
Sent: 01 June 2005 10:06
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: RE: [mythtv-users] New MCE 2005 Remote

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 09:51 +0100, Cenk Ozkan wrote:
> Or atleast a workaround to make it work without rebooting the system
> 12 times !!!! I tried unloading and reloading usb subsystem + removing
> and adding lirc_mceusb and lirc_dev modules, no joy. There must be a
> way to clear whatever is killing it !! I could then run a small script
> during startup to fix it.

Well it basically works one time in (some number - around 20 or so I think).
You can sort it by unloading the modules and then doing an unplug/replug
until it finally catches right.

So I guess that you could fix this by replacing the (physical) unplug/replug
by pulling the module in again with the right parameters/infrastructure to
make it look like it was being loaded by the hotplug mechanism (its slightly
more difficult than just modprobe ....).

However its probably as easy to find the real problem :-)

This is probably best taken to the lirc lists where Martin and other people
that know the insides of this stuff lurk (or is that lirc).

	Nigel.