[mythtv-users] Fanless HDTV backend on EPIA SP 8000E Vs. EPIA PD 6000E

Eric Gilbert eric.gilbert at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 17:51:33 UTC 2005

On 6/1/05, Robert Tsai <rtsai1111 at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 12:42:47PM +0100, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> > On 5/31/05, Eric Gilbert <eric.gilbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I've got Myth running just fine on my desktop P4, but I want to
> > > add a fanless low power server to my network so I can have a Myth
> > > backend running 24/7 with minimal noise and power, and physical
> > > size.
>
> Heatwise, you may be in trouble. My pcHDTV HD-3000 cards (2) each run
> pretty warmly. Not so hot I can't touch them, but there is definitely
> noticeable radiating heat ...

Yeah, I'm worried about that too. The case I was planning on was the
Travla C158 Mini-ITX Case 120W. It's the perfect size and it's
mountable. Unfortunately the the HD-3000 will be sitting directly over
the HDD.  I hoped to get address some of the heat issues with a HDD
cooler like the Zalman ZM-2HC2
(http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=371018).

Would that be enough or am I just trying to fit too much into too small an area?

Thanks,
Eric