[mythtv-users] Re: Slightly OT - How do I get the FC3 cdrom to be bootable?

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 04:28:13 UTC 2005

I seem to recall having a similar kind of issue with FC3 -- I burned
the .isos, booted up the first one and all went well. I did a media
test and found that discs 1 and 3 (maybe 4) were fine but the others
read as corrupted. I double checked the md5sums and the images were
OK.

I then tried burning them on two different burners on the same box
with no luck. I pumped out about 6 coasters before stumbling on a
solution. I found the solution somewhere on this list, but I can't
remember exactly what it was, except that I think it had something to
do with dma.

I wish I could help you more. I'll try to dig up the thread that got
me sorted out and post it back here if I find it.