[mythtv-users] Re: Getting good audio sync in nuvexport/transcodings w/cutlist?

belcampo belcampo at zonnet.nl
Thu Jun 2 08:59:19 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 01 June 2005 23:16, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 13:21:39 -0700
> From: Brad Templeton <brad+myth at templetons.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Re: Getting good audio sync in
>         nuvexport/transcodings w/cutlist?
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 08:54:00AM +0200, belcampo wrote:
> > > One way I could make this work is if I could get mpeg2cut to work on
> >
> > One thing that didn't get mpeg2cut to work on my system was that Xvfb
> > didn't work. After deinstalling xorg-xvfb, it worked, with avidemux
> > coming on screen 2 times, not nice, but working for the time being.
>
> Getting closer.   Removing xorg-x11-Xvfb (but not Xvfb) caused the program
> to display a GUI this time.   It did some of the same things, but got
> a lot further.
>
> a) As before, it would generate output for 1.5gb, then sit and pause for
> about 15 minutes in a wait state, redrawing the window every few minutes
> but otherwise hung.   Then it did another 500mb of data, and got into
> the same state.  (Same as before.)
>
> b) Then, after a while of waiting at 2gb in size, it took off, and started
> acting well, it seems.  Streaming out the video at high speed, no pauses,
> window rewdrawing as needed.   It got all the way to the end (about 8gb
> of video I am guessing.)   And then...
>
> d) Death:
Try opening the file in avidemux directly and save it, one thin I got was:
**saving:**
Last frame is a B frame, choosing better candidate
Trying :130348
Taking previous frame as last frame 130349
 Avi family
TS: no ts sync word

 Asynchronous jump failed ! (frame : 127715)
Rewinding, that can take a while...(bcff6a47/0)
TS: no ts sync word

 Asynchronous jump failed ! (frame : 127715)
Rewinding, that can take a while...(bd007108/0)
TS: no ts sync word

 Asynchronous jump failed ! (frame : 127715)
Rewinding, that can take a while...(bd00f79b/0)
TS: no ts sync word

If it for some reason fails to find a good sync point .........

Henk Schoneveld