[mythtv-users] Configuring the idle DVB channel? Mythtv-setup problem?

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 13:04:28 UTC 2005

> > Run mythtvsetup then choose Input --> Select input connection -->
> > change Starting channel in the setup page.
>
> The problem with this is that it gets reset each time you change the
> channel to the currently tuned one.

As my original positing said, i've already tried this and it doesn't
appear to make a difference to the channel that's tuned when the card
is idle. This setting only seems to affect which channel is tuned on
next entry to livetv.

> This seems to be related to the "channel crawling" feature that's been
> muted, i.e the DVB code would when mythtv was idle tune to each of the
> channels and attempt to update the EPG.
>
> However it's not bubbled to the top of the list yet.

Indeed it does seem related, although i'm only looking for the basic
functionality of being able to specify a single channel that will be
used when the card is idle. I think the consensus seems to be that
this currently requires a manual database tweak rather than being
configurable through any GUI (would be nuice if you could confirm
this, I was half expecting to need to change a hard-coded value in the
source).

If there is a work-around then i'll happily use that until the
"channel crawling" functionality becomes a reality.

Steve

p.s. a big thank-you to all the DVB devs, the improvements since I
started using mythtv (0.14) have been highly appreciated!