[mythtv-users] Blue Specks / Noise on Black Background?

Patrick Kirchner obecalp at ameritech.net
Thu Jun 2 15:30:50 UTC 2005

Hello,

While watching recorded shows where there is a black background or a darker
image, I see a lot of blue specks or blue noise like this:

http://www.perdignus.com/BlueSpecks.jpg

I get this in MythTV and MPlayer even with files that I haven't recorded.  I
suspect the problem is somehow related to XV playback since I don't have the
problem if I play a file with MPlayer using "-vo gl".

I've tried correcting the problem with xvattr but have had no luck.

Is it possible to use OpenGL for playback or recorded shows in MythTV or can
someone offer me some XV fine tuning tips please?

Thanks much,

Patrick.