[mythtv-users] Configuring the idle DVB channel? Mythtv-setup problem?

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 16:28:54 UTC 2005

Seems like DVB for HD3000 card in newer releases has some issues. I've
posted a thread in the myth-dev list. The starting channel always get
reset as pointed out by John. The channel up/down doesn't show all the
subchannels.

I'm not sure if Issac is aware of the DVB issues as he claims
everything is working. Apparently its not and 100s of HD3000 users can
vouch for that by looking at the lists of questions being posted in
this list and and on the pchdtv forum.

Also, sometimes, when I've done several stops/starts of backend, and
try to watch frontend, I get green blobs on the screen for all the
channels. There is some picture, but majority of the screen is covered
with green moving blobs. By doing a few more backend restarts or
sometimes rebooting the system make these go away. The backend starts
complaining about uncorrectable errors on ALL the channels. These were
the same channels which were fine 1 min ago. If I try to record them
and play them while they are being recorded I dont see any blobs. I
can it may be an issue only with Watch LiveTV.

I hope the wonderful DVB dev team can find some cycles to fix these
minor issues :-) Is there any DVB list where I can post these issues ?
Some of these are myth related and others may be DVB only issues.

Thanks
Mudit