[mythtv-users] Abandoned with Xbox?

kanetse at gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 17:47:45 UTC 2005

> > I've got a nicely functioning .16 backend and a xbox front end running
> > .16 built off this distro http://bit.blkbk.com/ from Dennis Cartier. I
> > used the .0.4.4 code.  I'd like to upgrade, but after reading the
> > posts here, I'm not real confident that I can take the xbox to .18
> > without losing major plugins.
> >
> > Whats the real deal? has Dennis abondoned this project?  has anyone
> > really had success with xfedora and myth?  I don't see much detail on
> > xfedora or Dennis' build anywhere in regards to .18.
> >
> > I've tried to upgrade the xbox per the upgrade doc with no luck and
> > not real sure about trying again without someone from the project
> > talking about a supported path.
> >
> > Evil-Barney

I was running 0.16 last week on a setup that included a server a few
PC frontends and an XBox.  I upgraded all the systems using apt
successfully to 0.18.  The mythweather plug in on the XBox needed a
little more attention.  Another annoying bit was that the mythtv
package insisted on installing mysql, mythbackend and mythtv-database,
but I just apt-get remove'd mysql afterwards and everything is running
nicely now.

I just did an apt-get update followed by apt-get install mythtv on the XBox.