[mythtv-users] Myxer UPDATE - MyxerCustomizer script which allows you to make it look however you want!

Dave Hofstra dhofstra at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 22:24:11 UTC 2005

I had only released the theme Myxer last week, and have just updated it with
a really cool feature. I made a directory in the theme called
'MyxerCustomizer' which contains a script called 'MyxerCustomizer.sh'

When you execute the MyxerCustomizer script (by issuing 'sh
MyxerCustomizer.sh' in a terminal) a menu will appear where you can:

1) Select between 4 different background images in 5 different colors
2) Select among 24 different 'Bar' highligting buttons
3) Select among 7 different 'Text' highlighting methods (the text within the
highlight bar mentioned above)

When you re-launch mythfrontend, you should notice the changes that you
picked above.

The script also provides an option to reset the above items you have changed
back to the default setting.

The script has some checking code in it that should prevent you from doing
anything really horrible to the theme, so try it out, and let me know if it
needs any improvements. Note should be made that Myxer has to reside in
either /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/Myxer or
/usr/share/mythtv/themes/Myxer right now for the script to work.

The available graphics in this update are pretty basic. I hope to provide
some nicer options in the future. The script has a feature where users can
try out thier own graphics, and submit them to me for inclusion in the Myxer
theme. I really hope to get some people excited about this, where the Myxer
theme could have several 'User-defined' favorite skins in the future!

Have fun, and don't poke too much fun at me if you look inside the actual
script (its my first script ever... he he he)

Heres the URL: http://lisadaveh.home.comcast.net/myxer/

Have Fun Myxing it up!

Dave Hofstra