[mythtv-users] ATI with Dual LCD Problem

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 01:42:49 UTC 2005

On 6/2/05, Bill Bradley <williambradley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok....
>
> I have 2 LCD monitors plugged into an ATI 128mb card.  One is using
> the digital output the other is using the VGA analog output.  I have
> the desktop extended across both and the mythfrontend is extended.
> However when I watch Live TV , I only get display on the primary
> monitor.  Its stretched like its extending but there is no output on
> the second monitor (i see half of the picture).  Any ideas would be
> appreciated.

The problem is that overlays are only supported on a single head of
any current dual-headed card (A hardware limitation, not a software
one). Until this situation changes, you will have to restrict Myth to
using the primary head of the card only (Using the "Gui Size" options
to restrict the size of the application and/or the rendering window).

Sorry
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston