[mythtv-users] strange real-time commercial flagging behavior

Peter Lee peteratcmu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 03:56:38 UTC 2005

On 6/2/05, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> > Basically, on some recordings (about 1 in 10, I would say), the
> > real-time flagging for a program appears to "finish" well before the
> > program has actually finished recording.  At least this is what the
> > log says.  For example, here are some log entries from today, to
> > illustrate the phenomenon:
>
> Can you try turning off the ~realtime flagging and verify that this
> you aren't still getting corrupt recordings.  If the recording is
> failing on it's own for some reason then it makes sense that the
> flagger would finish early.  I haven't noticed this issue but I may
> have missed it, so I'd like to verify you aren't getting corrupt
> recordings which is causing flagging problems.

Will do.  I am hopping on an airplane right now, but will get back
home Friday night.  I'll turn off the real-time flagging at that time
and will let you know on, say, Monday, whether any of the weekend's
recordings get corrupted.  Looks like there will be a lot of
recordings this weekend (around 15 or so), so this should give us a
good indication.

Peter