[mythtv-users] Mythmusic sorting order

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 05:21:51 UTC 2005

Question: can I affect the order in which mythmusic lists files *in
the play window*? I can change the tree order, but that affects
"Select music" window. So, I have the tree sorted by artist then
title, and I select all music by Mozart and Paganini. Then I go to
"Play music" and I see all titles by Mozart, followed by all titles by
Paganini, but the order within each group seems to be random,
definitely not sorted by title or album.

On a somehat related question, has anyone found a way to deal with
this little annoyance: I ripped 3 CDs and now I have music by 3
artists: "Mozart", "Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart", and "Mozart, Wolfgang
Amadeus". In three different places in the search tree too. I can
manually edit id3 tags, of course. Any quicker ways?
--
Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net