[mythtv-users] Aus XMLTV grabber

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 09:59:53 UTC 2005

>   I've made some changes to the new Australian XMLTV grabber I've
> written.  To make it work with myth you need to apply a patch to
> mythfilldatabase and set the TimeOffset to 'Auto' (or your time zone).
> I've tested this myself now :).
>
>   In other news, there seems to be only 2 days of data in that Aus TV
> guide at the moment.  How often does the data drop down this low?
>
>   Links:
>    TV Guide: http://tvguide.org.au/
>    Grabber: http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/xmltv/tv_grab_au_tuhs
>    Myth Patch: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/124771
>
> P.S.  You could also try getting the grabber to work without the myth
> patch.  You'll need to make mythfilldatabase use the tv_grab_au_tuhs
> --force-explicit-timezone option.  I haven't tested that particular
> option though.

Will - well done on this. I am just starting out trying to to use it
and I have a few questions/comments.

1) tv_grab_au_tuhs -h says that -v = verbose. In fact it means show version.

2) On the 9MSN version my conf file is like this:
$channels = {
  'ABC NSW' => 'nsw.abc.gov.au',
  'ABC2' => 'abc2.abc.gov.au',
  'CHANNEL NINE SYDNEY' => 'sydney.nine.com.au',
  'CHANNEL SEVEN SYDNEY' => 'sydney.seven.com.au',
  'NETWORK TEN SYDNEY' => 'sydney.ten.com.au',
  'SBS NEWS' => 'news.sbs.com.au',
  'SBS SYDNEY' => 'sydney.sbs.com.au'
};

I don't understand what my tuhs conf file needs to look like to keep
the channel names correct for how they're set up in the MythTV
database. Would it be something like

channels = (('nsw.abc.gov.au','ABC NSW'),('sydney.nine.com.au','CHANEL
NINE SYDNEY') etc...

3) I'm running MythTV 0.18.1. Do I need to apply the patch you
mentioned or has it been included? I was a bit unsure about those
patches - there seemed to be 2 with the same name attached to the
email in the gossamer thread archive. Also, how do you apply them? I'm
not used to applying patches. If I apply this patch with my old 9MSN
grabber and mythfilldatabase stop working correctly?

Thanks in advance,
Phill