[mythtv-users] New nvidia driver released

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 3 06:37:27 UTC 2005

On 06/02/05 22:50, Jeff Wormsley wrote:

> Howard Cokl wrote:
>
>>    * Removed support for legacy GPUs; please see
>> "Chapter 1. Selecting and Downloading the NVIDIA
>> Packages for Your System" in the README for details.
>
> Hmmn.  Must go see what is "legacy" and what is not...

Yeah, some of those--like the GeForce2 Ti (see below)--might actually
exist in some people's Myth boxes.  I was just happy that they haven't
mothballed the GF4MX440, yet.

Mike

Below are the legacy GPUs that are no longer supported in the unified driver.
These GPUs will continue to be maintained through the special legacy NVIDIA
GPU driver releases.

    NVIDIA chip name                   Device PCI ID
    -------------------------------    -------------------------------
    RIVA TNT                           0x0020
    RIVA TNT2/TNT2 Pro                 0x0028
    RIVA TNT2 Ultra                    0x0029
    Vanta/Vanta LT                     0x002C
    RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro    0x002D
    Aladdin TNT2                       0x00A0
    GeForce 256                        0x0100
    GeForce DDR                        0x0101
    Quadro                             0x0103
    GeForce2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro          0x0150
    GeForce2 Ti                        0x0151
    GeForce2 Ultra                     0x0152
    Quadro2 Pro                        0x0153