[mythtv-users] Tweaks to playback HDTV

Paul Leppert phlepper at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 14:29:57 UTC 2005

Garry,

I just used the example from the sudoers file since I'm relatively new to
Linux and sudo (I'm also on a disconnected network (dial-up), so my security
concerns are lowered. You're right that I don't think you need to have
mythtv be able to run *everything*. I don't know which of the myth programs
apart from mythfrontend you would need access to though (mythtv, mythtvosd,
mythepg, etc.)? I don't know sudo that well, does anyone know if you can
just specify something like "myth*" for the programs?

Doug,

I've read several comments about realtime and selinux. When I installed FC3,
I disabled selinux (per Jarod's instructions). Should that matter? Or is it
just a factor of FC3 that prevents me from doing the "chmod u+s
mythfrontend" solution?

I'm open to other ideas since one of the issues I have is with mythvideo.
The jpg cover art files that are downloaded end up saved as "root root" and
not "mythtv mythtv". This only happened after I started using sudo (I
usually go check the cover art and generally update it with the artwork on
amazon (imdb has more movie posters and I prefer the dvd covers, just
personal preference)). Now I have to change the owner/group and then copy
over the new artwork.

Thanks
phlepper
--
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. --
Confucius