[mythtv-users] Program Info for Custom Channel Lineup

Michael Haan michael.haan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 17:27:06 UTC 2005

On 5/29/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/28/05, Michael Haan <michael.haan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I created a custom channel lineup for my HD3000 (ie, it doesn't pull
> > from DataDirect).  I've tried setting the xmltvid's to match that of
> > my analog lineup, but I still get no program info when browsing live
> > tv.  I'm concerned this will cause an issue with trying to set
> > recording schedules.  Is there another way to do this?
>
> Have you also got all of your HD3000 channels setup with the
> appropriate XMLTV ids? As long as mythfilldatabase has somewhere to
> put the data (i.e. correct input number, some xmltv ids to match
> against) the data should appear. I created a custom channels lineup in
> the UK using mythfilldatabase manually and it didnt have a problem
> populating the channel data.
>
> Nick

What I ended-up doing was figuring out which channels I would get with
the 3000, selecting only those in my DD digital lineup, setup the
input with that lineup, and do a channel scan.  Then, manually through
the database, mode DD channel entries with the scanned entries data
and remove the scanned entries.  Myth now knows how to tune these
channels, as well as get new schedule information.