[mythtv-users] Need suggestions - Pvr350 remote control extension cord

Don dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Fri Jun 3 19:56:13 UTC 2005

I have my MythTv box in the basement with video and audio cable running
up to the first floor tv, which works fine.  I'm trying to do the same
with the remote control, so I built an extension cord with 3/32 stereo
plugs on each end.  Unfortunately, It doesn't work.  Anyone have
suggestions on what to try?  Thanks,

Don

Details:

- From Pvr board to basement wall - 6 foot cat5 cable with male 3/32"
plugs on each end.  Using one pair of conductors for each of three
signals.  All straight through.

- From basement wall to first floor wall - 20 foot cat5 cable with
female 3/32" plugs on each end.  Using one pair of conductors for each
of three signals.  All straight through.

- From first floor wall to TV - Pvr350 supplied IR pickup cable.