[mythtv-users] XvMC works in xine, but not Myth

Joe Barnhart joebarnhart at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 23:07:24 UTC 2005

--- Donavan Stanley <geckofiend at gmail.com> wrote:

> For instance, I've had zero issues with my Celeron 2.5ghz
> frontend.

I have seen your numerous posts regarding your success with a 2.5G
Celeron.  But I have not seen many others duplicate your success.  I
asked you a long time ago if you are playing back on a 720p or 1080i
modeline, but I missed the reply.

I think playing 1080i content on a 1080 device must present a higher
load because I have tried all manner of combinations, and I can't get
satisfactory results without throwing lots of horsepower at it.  XvMC
could be a solution, but I have never gotten it to work satisfactorily
on one of my systems.  I see many encouraging posts on the dev list so
I'm hopeful my luck will change soon with respect to XvMC.