[mythtv-users] RE: OpenGLVideoSync: Bad Context for Vsync

Alex Brekken brekkal at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 02:30:34 UTC 2005

I just loaded 18.1 from ATRPM's (was previously on .18) and I'm
getting the EXACT same thing.  I loaded to 18.1 for the sole purpose
of being able to use OpenGL video sync, since it's now a runtime
option.  I wish I had a solution, but I least wanted to let you know
that you're not the only one seeing this.

It looks like it tries to use OpenGL first, then RTC, then finally
falls back to USleep.  The thing is, I've got the OpenGL "Sync to
VBlank" option selected in nvidia-settings, so I'm not sure what else
I need to do to get OpenGL to work...?

I'm using the 7174 nvidia driver, and have Myth installed on FC3 per
Jarod's guide.  Anyone have any ideas??

>Hey All:
>
>Any idea what this means?
>
>OpenGLVideoSync: Bad Context for Vsync
>
>That's the error right before it defaults back to RTC timing. I'd
>like to run OpenGL.
>
>The line right before says "GLX_SGI_video_sync" and a bunch of other
>extensions.
>
>JF
John J Freer, P.E.
518.441.9647