[mythtv-users] OT: 160GB Western Digital, $30 after rebates

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sat Jun 4 07:47:43 UTC 2005

On Fri 3 June 2005 21:59, Brad Templeton wrote:
> Even so, do you really want to fill up with drives as "small" as 160gb,
> even at just 19 cents/gigabyte.   Now if you want to raid-5, such drives
> make more sense if you can buy more than one of them.

I read this with some amusement. It if were not for Myth and it's high demands
on disk space I would be happy with a 40Gb drive for another year or three.

I'm currently running one myth box on a 20Gb drive (15Gb actual vid space) and
another on the balance of a 40Gb drive (approx 20Gb).

Over here (UK) even an 80Gb drive sells at 3x the $30 of this particular WD
160Gb drive.. I'm currently on the lookout for bargins though and a 120/160Gb
drive would easily satisfy me.
--
Stuart Morgan